Credit ESL Pathway (Effective Fall 2016)
- Nine-unit combined reading/writing/grammar courses
- Accelerated credit pathway to English 1A
- Academically-oriented non-credit transition classes
- Advanced and intermediate ESL credit certificates (pending state approval)
How will the credit ESL pathway benefit me?
Taking reading and writing together in an immersive nine-unit course has these benefits:
- More focus on engaging readings
- Connected reading andwriting assignments
- Greateremphasis on vocabulary
- Improved critical thinking skills
- Stronger sense of community among students and instructor
- More opportunities to apply grammar in meaningful contexts
- Fewer textbooks
What classes should I take in the current pathway?